Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Adventure Begins

Well, it's 2:15 AM and I'm writing 5 hours before I leave. Why? Well, I lost some time tonight... let me begin from my time after work.

I went to the bank to exchange money and to withdraw money into US $$. I was already feeling anxious due to the fact that I was leaving the next day and I had just started packing the night before. Walking around with a big wade of cash didn't help me feel any easier. I had this dreaded feeling that something was going to happen, like a car accident or a big snow storm, or I suddenly become too ill to travel. But for the most part the evening went smoothly. Got some cleaning and more packing done. Everything was in place.

My friend, who's house sitting for me, arrived around 11:30PM. We had planned for her to sleep over tonight so that I can show her around. I take her downstairs to show where the garbage bin is - outside of the building- and where she can park. As we dumped my garbage and re-enter the building, I fumbled with my keys and realized in horror... I took the wrong set of keys. I had separated my car keys from my house keys so I can give that set to my parents and the extra set to my friend (but out of habit I just grabbed my bundle of keys without looking.

Shock.

And I left my cell phone in my apartment.

More shock.

In embarrassment, I buzzed random people in the building until someone was home and kind enough to buzz us in. From within, I could access the garage and my car. So off we go to my parent's (who thankfully only lived a few minutes away). I woke them up, and PRAISE THE LORD my dad had an extra key to the lock he installed on my door.

So we eventually made it back to my place. Now that the "bad thing" is over, I can relax and enjoy the rest of my vacation. I just hope my flight doesn't get cancelled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home