Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Quickie Summary

For the past few days we:

- ate
- shopped
- play with dog (Woody)
- ate
- visited volcano
- went to tailor(s)
- had full-body massage (somewhat traumatic but I ain't writing about it here)
- ate

Strange things eaten thus far:

- durian (my mom would be proud)
- various other fruits (yum)
- fried frog legs (yum)
- frog stomach soup (not-so-yum)
- snake (yum yum!)

After numerous attempts at phoning and exchanges of email, I was able to get my plane ticket stuff sorted out. I had to get a police report filed, which was conveniently done by Dot's uncle who has police-friends. Now all I have to do is pay $30 US to get my ticket re-issued at the airport (before they wanted me to go to the Jakarta office).

Tomorrow is our last day here in Bandung and it’s going to be fairly tight with visiting relatives, shopping, and eating. All of us are feeling fairly bloated with the eating and lack of physical activity. Each of us (oh, I forgot to introduce everyone: Jules, Dot, and Mimi) have fallen to some sort of sickness, but Dot - the native Indonesian - has only gotten slightly motion sick.

Tiredness is setting in… got to get some rest before the next stretch of madness.

Laters,
Di

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home