The Fellowship Has Broken
Today was a sad day...Jules and I parted ways with Dot and Mimi. Tomorrow they head back to the cooler climes of Canada while we head to East Malaysia. We're staying the night at Aunty Agnes, the mom of one of Jules' friend. When we come back, we'll be staying one more night in Singapore so it made sense to leave some luggage here.
Though it seemed a long time, our two weeks together went by quickly.. if that makes any sense. We did a lot together, and share many, many moments laughing at ourselves (thanks to Mimi's over-active imagination). Most of it was shear craziness, and would be so_not_funny to everyone else. For example, how can I explain the "removal of headrests" ride, the "shrimp guy" joke, or the "what are the drivers thinking of" game? Anyways, my time with these gals will be remembered and treasured by me for a long, long time. I'll think back when I'm old and wrinkled with age... and laugh at our sillyness. We'll always have Jalan Indonesia.
While Easter Sunday was celebrated at church this morning, I haven't had time to really reflect and give thanks. I suppose I should end this now and do so....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home