Friday, March 25, 2005

Sweating in Singapore

Hello again from SE Asia!

We made it to the swanky city-state of Singapore, which I've affectionally dubbed as Yuppie-Ville Central or Clean-Version-of-Hong-Kong. The journey here was tiring. We woke up at 4:15 AM to leave Dot's home by 5 AM. I didn't fully understand why we had to leave so early to make the 12:20PM flight out of Jakarta, esp considering we're 1.5 Hr drive away. Then we hit the infamous traffic jams of Indonesia; 1.5 hours became 4. Craziness! Thankfully, we got there with plenty of time to spare, and eventually got my plane tickets for my return trip (right when we had to board our flight).

We arrived in Singapore and made our way to Ms. T's condo. Ms. T is a family friend of Dot and she has graciously opened her place for our stay here...while she stays with her parents! I've been quite overwhelmed with the hospitality that we've been receiving; we've been welcomed with open arms and generous hearts. I think all of us are feeling somewhat guilty for taking gifts which we are unable or unexpected to repay. But I suppose this is the essence of grace.

Dot and Mimi are on a mission to EAT. And judging by the hawker foods we've eaten so far, I can totally understand. SO TASTY! The next few days will be more relaxing with no set plans other than going to the night safari and Sunday Easter service at Wesley Community Church. On Monday, Dot and Mimi are returning to Canada and Jules and I will head to Kuching, Malaysia. We bought a nice flight/hotel package today and are looking forward to RnR at Damai Beach resort.

Not sure if I'll have access to email again. But I'm signing off now to watch the ending of a Taiwanese soap opera (I'm currently typing from Dot's Aunt's computer). Mello-drama here I come!

1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Singapore sounds AWESOME. Have fun at Damai Beach Resort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home